Week 4 Challenge Playing Outside (Mrs. Yollis)

Hi everyone!

Here is a little bit about how we play outside!

I live in Australia where it is Spring right now. This affects our play as we want to get outside more often because it is very warm. This makes us more active.

At our school we play lots of games including handball soccer and best of all -demons. Demons is a game where there is one person it who can only walk. Everyone else can run. The demon has to catch everyone by cornering them instead of chasing them. If the demon catches someone, they are it with the demon and also can’t walk. Once everyone is it the game is over. The last person to get caught is the winner.

I really enjoyed reading Mrs. Yollis’s post as it gave me lots of ideas for new games. I also thought it was a really creative topic.

Bye 🙂

5 thoughts on “Week 4 Challenge Playing Outside (Mrs. Yollis)

1. Dear Olivia,

Thank you for leaving a wonderful comment on our blog! It feels good to get comments from around the world.

It is really hot in California as Australia and it is only fall here! Very strange for us!

In our school, we also play handball and soccer, though we’ve never heard of Demons.

If you were to write a Student Blogging Challenge challenge, what would it be?

Best,

Payden and Elie from Mrs. Yollis’ third grade class.

• Hi Payden and Ellie!

That must seem very strange!

If I were to write a challenge it would probably be people’s knowledge about space litter. I think it would be great to inform others about the consequences of space litter.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Olivia 🙂

2. Hey, Olivia! It’s spring in Australia now? It’s winter here in Pennsylvania. It’s pretty cold, too! That game Demon you explained sounds really fun! We play handball and soccer in gym, as well as a bunch of other things. Though I’m not particularly athletic, I’m still half decent.

I hope you can come see my blog at http://2022tjh.edublogs.org

3. Reading your post gave me lots of new knowledge about games in Australia. Your post neatly describes the game demon well because when you first mentioned the game demon I was very confused and curious on how to play it and now I know. What are some other games in Australia? I hope you reply so I can learn some more and tell my friends here in the USA. I invite you to my class blog using this URL: http://mcdowellmedia.edublogs.org/
    also invite you to my blog post using this URL: http://mcdowellmedia.edublogs.org/2016/09/23/top-ten-best-lunch-foods/

• Thanks a lot for visiting my blog!

Those games sound really awesome!

In Australia we also play games like Eye Contact Chasey. This is where if you make eye contact with the it person, and the it person sees you, you have to freeze for 5 seconds. This gives the it person a chance to try and get you. It is challenging because you have to know where the it person is but you don’t want to make eye contact with them!

Thanks again,

Olivia 🙂